My first go at Strawberry Singh‘s series of blogging memes. This is an existential one: Why do I blog? (There’s an outfit below if you’ve just come for the pictures!)
- How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging since October 2010. I look back at those early pictures and go “Ack.” I’ve come a long way, baby (as they say).
- Why did you start blogging? I really was looking for something to do on SL. I was a DJ in the early days but didn’t want that kind of obligation again. Yet as a loner, I kind of needed a purpose. I love to dress up and I love photography, so Voila!
- How many times a week do you post an entry? Probably 4-6 times a week. There have been a couple of periods when I was away from it for one reason or another, but not too many. I’m fairly consistent.
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? I read the feeds so I’m constantly scanning. In RL, I’m more of a Twitter gal. But I like to keep up to date on SL blogs. I’ve got some of my faves on my blogroll.
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Not too much. I worship from afar, which is sad really. I’m inspired by so many blogs so I really should let my appreciation be known, shouldn’t I?
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? I have a hit counter on my site but I’m not so interested in cumulative as I am in individual days and where people are coming from. I like the stats I can get on WordPress.
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? Nope. I’m drama-free! I try to keep my blog posts light and fun. It’s about the clothes for me.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Oh, I don’t know. It’s very hard to speculate on how I might be perceived. I guess a big part of me thinks that people don’t read my blog to get a sense of me….just to get a sense of some good shopping tips!
- Do you blog under your real name? My real SL name!
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? Being strictly a fashion/style blogger, I mainly focus on fashion that I like. I don’t do a critique of the clothing in the traditional sense. If there’s something about an item that I don’t like or that doesn’t appeal to me, I don’t blog the item. I’d never wear something I didn’t like and then hack on it.
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? Second Life fashion and my interpretation and enjoyment of it.
- Do you have more than one blog? No
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? Fun!! When I was participating in the 52 Week Colour Challenge I had some fun interaction with lots of great SL bloggers. But being a bit of a keep-to-myselfer, I don’t keep in touch much.
- So, why do you continue to blog? I love it: I love the fashion, I love expressing myself that way. I enjoy drawing attention to talented designers. I really enjoy the relationships I’ve built with several SL designers. We have a bit of a mutual admiration society going on and it’s very gratifying. Blogging gives me a sense of place in SL, and I can’t imagine letting it go just yet.
outfit – Graffitiwear, Black Lace Tee and Linen Stretch Pants
boots – Lassitude & Ennui, Edenion boots, black/silver, at Fantasy Faire 2013
hair – Faenzo, LINDSAY//Dark Browns, at The Attic
skin – The Plastik, September’s Lovers Skin, Astrali Skin [Basic] FLF item
pose – from Vista AO